Vertex Software, LLC (“Vertex”), its affiliates, and partners (collectively, the “Vertex Group” or “we” or “us” or “our”) operates the https://www.vertexvis.com website. For the purposes of this Policy, the term, “Websites”, shall refer collectively to vertexvis.com as well as the other websites that the Vertex Group operates and that link to this Policy.
Types of Data We Collect – We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Websites to you. The types of data are:
Personal Data – While using our Websites, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Your company name and website name
- Instant Messaging ID
Usage Data – We may also collect information on how the Websites are accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Websites.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Websites.
Social Media Features – The Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites. These features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on the Websites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Websites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them.
- Personal Data we collect from other sources – We may also collect information about you from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased Personal Data, and combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. In particular, we collect Personal Data from the following sources:
Business contact information, including mailing address, job title, email address, phone number, ‘intent data’ which is web user behavior data, IP addresses, social handles, LinkedIn URL and custom profiles from third party data providers for the purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling.
USE OF DATA
We collect, process your Personal Data for the purposes and on the legal bases identified in the following:
- Promoting security of our Websites: We will process your Personal Data by tracking use of our Websites, creating aggregated, non-Personal Data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, as well as violations of and enforcement of our terms and policies, to the extent this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of the systems and applications used for our Websites, and protecting our rights and the rights of others;
- Handling contact and user support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Us” web form, request user support, or if you contact us by other means, we will process your Personal Data for the performance of our contract with you and to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to fulfill your request and communicate with you;
- Managing event registrations and attendance: We will process your Personal Data to plan and host the event or webinar, including related communication with you, on basis of the performance of our contract with you;
- Developing and improving our websites: We will process your Personal Data to analyze trends, track your usage of our websites and interactions with emails to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop and improve our Websites and to provide our users with more relevant and interesting content;
- Managing office visitors: We will process your Personal Data for security reasons, to register who visited our offices and who signed the non-disclosure agreement that visitors may be required to sign.
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content: We will process your Personal Data to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites, and other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interests to advertise our websites or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent (please also view “Rights Under GDPR” below to learn how you can control how your Personal Data is processed by Vertex for marketing purposes);
- Sending marketing communications: we will process your Personal Data to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, SMS, or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interests to conduct direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent (please also view “Rights under GDPR” section below to learn how you can control how your Personal Data is processed by Vertex for marketing purposes);
Complying with legal obligations: We will process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights, and is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of our Websites, to protect personal property or safety, to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, to comply with a judicial proceedings, court order or legal process, and/or to respond to lawful requests.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
Legal Requirements – Vertex may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Vertex Software
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Websites or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
Testimonials – From time to time, we may post testimonials on the Websites that may contain Personal Data. We obtain Your consent to post Your name along with Your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referrals – If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our products and services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. You must only provide your friend’s name and email address if you have a reasonable belief they will not object to us contacting them. If you do, we will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Websites and will store this information for the purpose of sending this initial email, tracking the success of our referral program and other marketing activities. Your referral may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove his/her information from our database.
Community Forums – The Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas“). You should be aware that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. To request removal of your Personal Data from an Interactive Area, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Vertex Group Sharing – We may share information, including Personal Data, with any member of the Vertex Group, including partners and affiliates, and they will use that information only for the purposes already described in this Policy.
Vendors – We may share information with third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf for IT and system administration and hosting, research and analytics, marketing, customer support, and data enrichment.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Websites (“Websites Providers”), to provide the Websites on our behalf, to perform Websites-related activities or to assist us in analyzing how our Websites are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Websites Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Websites.
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Google Optimize are web analytics Websites. Learn about Google’s Privacy Policies.
- Mixpanel is a web analytics Website. Learn about Mixpanel’s Privacy Policies.
- Marketo is a web analytics Website. Learn about Marketo’s Privacy Policies.
Vertex abides by and has certified adherence to the principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. For more information on the Privacy Shield frameworks, and to view the scope of Vertex’s certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. For residual Privacy Shield disputes that cannot be resolved by the methods above, you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration process under certain conditions. To find out more about the Privacy Shield’s binding arbitration scheme, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
The Federal Trade Commission has investigation and enforcement authority over our compliance with the Privacy Shield.
If we have received your Personal Data under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfer it to a third party service provider for processing, we will remain responsible if they process your Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
The European Union data protection authorities (“DPAs”) provide recourse and remedies for you if you are affected by our non-compliance with Privacy Shield. We will cooperate with DPAs to investigate and resolve complaints brought under the Privacy Shield. We will comply with any advice given by the DPA if the DPA takes the view that we need to take a specific action to comply with Privacy Shield, including remedial or compensatory measures for your benefit. We will provide the DPAs with written confirmation that such action has been taken.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or Websites.
INDIVIDUALS WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
If you are an individual located in the European Union (EU), we collect and process personal data about you where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and process your data only when:
- it is necessary for a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your individual privacy interests), such as preventing fraud, improving our Websites, and increasing the security of the Websites and network infrastructure;
- you have consented to this collection and processing for a specific purpose;
- it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations; or
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Some examples of where we rely on your consent to process your personal data include sending you marketing emails. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at http://info.vertexvis.com/personal-information-request.html.
Some examples of our legitimate interests for processing personal data include:
- site and network security;
- customer support;
- fraud prevention; or
- improving our Websites.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you may have the right to object. More information on exercising this right can be found in the Individual Rights section below.
If you are located in the EU, you have certain rights under EU data protection law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data. You may also have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit such data to another controller. You also may object to processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances.
To request deletion of, access to, or to make changes to your personal data, or to otherwise any of the rights in this section, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that not all requests can be honored.
Transfers, Storage, and Processing
Our Websites are operated from and hosted on servers located in the United States. If you access and use our Websites from a location outside of the United States, any personal data you provide to us or that is otherwise collected may be transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in our sole discretion. Users of our Websites should be aware that the laws that apply to the use and protection of personal data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions to which we transfer, or in which we process, personal data may differ from those of your country of residence. Users who access or use our Websites from jurisdictions outside of the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. While we take steps to safeguard your personal data, the United States has NOT been deemed by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Accordingly, the level of protection provided in the United States or other non-EU countries and jurisdictions from which you may access our Websites may not be as stringent as that under EU data protection standards or the data protection laws of some other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
If we are processing your personal data on behalf of another party, your personal data is transferred across borders to the United States or to other countries or jurisdictions in which we or our third-party associates may process personal data through the use of Standard Contract Clauses.
Our Websites does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Pursuant to CCPA, we will not sell the personal information of any consumer less than 16 years of age, unless the consumer, in the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age, or the consumer’s parent or guardian, in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age, has affirmatively authorized the sale of the consumer’s personal information.
- To delete, amend, or access your Personal Data: http://info.vertexvis.com/personal-information-request.html
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By our contact form: Contact form